Search my Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Devillish Angel Cake

 Clearing some of white eggs...... Not devillish enough for me but I think kind of expected if you are using egg whites only. The texture is a bit dry, probably because I overbaked (I followed the timing per the recipe).
Source: Eggology (recipe below has been modified - I skipped cinnamon & the 2nd portion sugar)
INGREDIENTS:
12 oz Egg White
1 tsp Cream of Tartar
2tsp Warm Water
1 tsp VE
1/4 tsp Salt (orig 1/2 tsp) 
1 cup Sugar
2/3 cup Cake Flour*
1/3 cup Cocoa* (* mixed)

METHOD:
1. Place all ingredinets except flour & cocoa in a mixer with whisker.
Whisk high speed until stiff.

2. Add flour & cocoa mixture 1/4 at a time & fold gently.

3. Spoon into 10" tube pan.
Bake at 180C for 45 min (I will reduce the time next time).

6 comments:

  1. Ooo..byk kek tu..Tinggal tuk sue sikit ya..Heeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ermmmmm.... one slice 4 me!
    Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha Along..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've never seen Devilish Angel Cake before, a new twist on traditional Angel cake. hmm...

    I bet it would be good as a base for trifle or tiramisu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good to me! I hardly say NO to chocolate cake .... looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gv me one slice plzzzzz.... hehehe...

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)